Here goes.. you’ll devour this “nacho” cheese.
- 5 medium sized carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium sized potato (I use Yukon Gold), cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tsp lime juice, fresh
- 2 raw garlic cloves, skins off
- small piece of raw red onion (about 1/8th of a large red onion), diced
- 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt to taste, I used about 1/2 tsp.
- 3 tsp. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (optional) ***
- splash or two of milk (or dairy alternative, I use rice milk)
Boil veggies- Boil the carrots and potato in just enough water to cover them. You don’t want to put too much water because you’ll be pouring all of this into the blender and you don’t want the dip to be too watery. Boil with the lid on for about 20 minutes, or until veggies are soft. Save the water and pour all of this into your blender.
Add in other ingredients- Add to the blender the lime juice, raw garlic cloves, the red onion dice, the yeast flakes, olive oil, chipotle chiles, if using, and salt. Start blending. If the blender needs a little help because there isn’t enough liquid, this is where you add in the splash or two milk. Blend until very smooth. Taste to make sure salt is right. If you can taste the brewers yeast to strong, add in a little more lime juice. Refrigerate, if you won’t eat all of it right away!